...and baby makes THREE
PitaPata Dog tickers

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Today was the last day of my job...

and they called me and told me not to come in. And it would figure that I didn't get the message until I get into work. Today isn't actually my last scheduled day, but I gave my shift tomorrow away, and I am not going to go in on Friday. I feel bad, but I am just going to call off on Friday (my last day). The other side of me doesn't feel guilty at all. When I interviewed for this job in April I told Dr. Burdick that I wanted between 30 and 40 hours a week. I think that the best week I had during the summer was about 20 hours (but I am not sure I ever actually hit that mark) Leah called me and told me not to come in on average 1 shift per week. The worst was when I had 12 hours (four, three hour shifts) and she called me and told me not to come in for three of the shifts. That gives me 3 hours for the week.

I gave up a job in campus where I would have been guaranteed at least 15 hours a week. I did gain more knowledge by working there, and I met some great people (and pets) like Debbie Groce and her wonderful Golden Doodle Kobe. I am not sure if I am going to keep taking my dogs to Dr Burdick or not, because I am kind of hurt that I have been treated like that.

Well the bad thing is, that it is too late in the summer for me to get another real job, and that this job ruined my chance to get another job here in Columbus. So I went from making all of $50 a week to $0 a week, but at least I won't have to worry about working during school. Hopefully I will be able to get a job next summer that actually has time for me.

{Posted by James}

1 comment:

Kim said...

I am sorry that you lost this job buddy, but I hope that you will be able to spend your time studying and enjoying your beautiful wife.