...and baby makes THREE
PitaPata Dog tickers

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Ups and Downs

I'm so excited I could burst!  James was accepted into Ohio State's Veterinary School today.  Anyone who knows much about this process knows it is roughly 2-3 times harder to get into vet school than medical school.  I am so proud and can't wait to celebrate!  He sent me a brief text message letting me know before going into a 3 hour lab.  I haven't even gotten to congratulate him yet so I'm really antsy!!!

I have mixed feelings at the same time though, because my grandfather is very ill and not doing very well this week.  I am going to see him this weekend and try to enjoy as much time with him as possible.  I experience illness and death from cancer everyday at the hospital with my program, but when it hits home it's just surreal.  It just teaches us all how short life is and to not hold grudges and just enjoy the time you have with the people you love!


2 comments:

Eric said...

Tell James congrats! It's definitely a tough program to get into. Speaking from someone who knows some people that have been through the OSU program, he'll definitely know his stuff when he gets out!

You're grandpa is a great man. It sucks that he's not doing very well. I say a prayer everyday, and I really hope he beats this thing.

Safe travels this weekend.

James said...

I hope you enjoy your time with your mom, and grandparents doll. I wish I could go with you, but I am happy that you get to spend some time with them too. Please be safe, and call me when you get to your mom's house. Jesus, Zeke, and I all love and miss you...

And thank you Eric.