...and baby makes THREE
PitaPata Dog tickers

Monday, December 21, 2009

Hot Chocolate

It's Monday morning and I'm taking a break with a nice cup of hot cocoa.  Just reflecting on this past year and all that 2010 has in store for us...

It appears there are going to be 2 positions opening at the hospital, and I guess if I don't get one of them I'm not meant to be a radiation therapist.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed because I worked really hard to get through the program and I'm just ready to move on to a more challenging position.

I'm getting ready to paint our living room and bedroom.  A pale yellow in the living room and a brownish-gray for the bedroom.  I have some ideas for decorating, but we're waiting to hear about our landlords renovations to the house to be sure we will be staying there through vet school (June 2013).  It has the potential to be a very cute place, but it would be silly to put a lot of work into it if we won't renew our lease  next December.  The main problem is how horribly drafty it is right now.  We are on a pretty tight budget until I can get a new job, and even with the thermostat lower it seems we're using a ton of gas.

What else... the kitty is getting big.  She's growing on me more, but she still makes me crazy.  Her and Zeke play a lot, and I think she just drives Jesus nuts chasing his tail.  She's almost old enough to be spayed, and declawed unfortunately for her.  We're talking about possibly trying for our first little one late summer/early fall, and kitty needs to be ready for that...

We survived our first quarter of vet school, and I must say, even with the craziness it was still the best 4 months of my life.  I love being married and to such a great guy.  I never really noticed an 'adjustment period' that we had to go through.  Everything has just been natural.  Yes we do bicker and argue like a married couple at times, but we never sweep things under the rug.  I'm making some new years resolutions for myself (again) this year, and one of them will be to continue to be willing to work harder around the house without complaining while James gets through school.  (Love you dear!)

I hope everyone (all 2 of you) reading this have a wonderful Christmas, and a healthy, happy, and prosperous New Years.  Love you all!

T.

3 comments:

Kim said...

I have had my fingers and toes crossed for you Tiff ever since James told me about the openings. I know you deserve it. Can't wait for my first grandchild from you two. I didn't think it would be that soon!.

Kim said...

Pete would really like to be included in this blog (if you don't mind)

James said...

Pete is more than welcome. You guys can read/follow/or comment all you want. That is one of the reasons we a writing this blog. But we are going to be the only ones writing blogs for this one.